Hi, we have these cutters in our MakerSpace:
- 1x Roland PNC 1000A "CAMM 1"
- 1x Roland PNC 960 "CAMM 1"
- 1x Roland PC-50 "COLOR CAMM"
Personally, I am super new to using Vinyl cutters. Now, I am wondering: How can these be used again?
What I found:
- Drivers are available until Windows XP
I am asking to find out if anyone has any experience with getting old machines like maybe these to run again? I appreciate any pointers towards that! It might also be possible that I need an old Windows and the old software for them - I do not know...
- I found that the Roland PNC 1000A is in the list of supported drivers: www.codelv.com/projects/inkcut/docs/supported-devices - however, it is supported via Serial - I tried it with the parallel port and I could not get it to move in any way. I will see if I can get a serial2USB adapter.
- Vinyl cutters: CAMM-1 Roland PNC 1000A, PNC 960, PC-50 - Amman Valley MakerSpace Forum